Offre d’emploi : le Programme Alimentaire Mondial recrute un International Junior Consultant Partnership and Communication Officer
EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The Representation of the World Food Program (WFP) in Guinea is pleased to publish this vacancy announcement within the framework of its operation.
|Position Title :||International Junior Consultant Partnership and Communication Officer|
|Duty station :||Conakry|
|Number of post :||1|
|Type of contract:||Short-Term Consultancy Contract (Regular)|
|Duration :||6 months – Renewables|
|Publication date :||27/09//2022|
|Deadline for submission of applications:||10/10/2022|
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization in saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, improving nutrition situation of vulnerable people, and working with smallholder farmers and communities to increase livelihoods and build resilience. WFP operates its programmes in 92 countries with 6 regional offices and 88 country offices globally. WFP Guinea Country Office is one of the 88 country offices. WFP has been present in Guinea since 1964 providing nutritious and immediate food assistance to affected populations during and in the aftermath of crises. WFP Guinea Country Office works in partnership with the Government to improve children’s school attendance and performance, enhance nutrition among the population, increase people’s livelihoods, build sustainable food systems and communities’ resilience to shocks whilst improving their access to profitable and stable agricultural markets. The Partnerships and Communication Unit under the Country Office works to position WFP with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP in the achievement of the SDG 2 (Zero Hunger).
Lead activities to effectively position WFP Guinea with public, private and external partners to attract political support, financial resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance WFP Guinea’s work in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP Guinea in achieving zero hunger.
Implement the communications plan by supporting and delivering a range of communications activities, providing research and analysis, and prioritising effectively.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Lead Partnerships team in identifying partnering opportunities, in creating and coordinating partnerships with national government, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, International Financial Institutions (IFIs), private sector, UN Agencies and NGOs.
- Draft well researched concept note, project proposal and advocacy notes by closely working with Programme team to achieve WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Ensure partner visibility and that partner conditions are met.
- Facilitate corporate dialogue with partners through networking and information sharing; Proactively highlight issues to senior managers and propose options for the best course of action to nurture trust and partnerships growth.
- Use data to propose options to managers to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis, with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base.
- Provide inputs to partnerships strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate corporate dialogue with partners through networking and information sharing; Proactively highlight strategic issues to senior managers and propose options for the best course of action to nurture trust and partnership growth.
- Guide more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analyses and queried.
- Coordinate the communications team in the development and implementation of the country office communications strategy, designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP Guinea, as well as to support fundraising activities, ensuring alignment with overall WFP and communications strategies.
- Prepare communications products that effectively convey the desired message to targeted audience.
- Other as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: Fluency (Level C) in English and knowledge of French is an asset.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Have between one (1) and three (3) relevant professional work experience in partnership building and Communication roles
- Has a high-level understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships, especially in Guinea Context.
- Has explored new partnership opportunities, provided inputs into developing solutions with prospective partners and explored new areas to scale-up existing activities.
- Has designed and managed all resource mobilization processes and resource strategies, negotiated contract terms and provided resourcing advice to seniors.
- Has gained experience in using technology and digital tools for data collection, analysis and shared data-based insights to add value to all partnerships.
- Has supported creation of external communications and briefing materials.
- Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment.