United States Peace Corps in Guinea
Personal Services Contractor (PSC) Vacancy Announcement
|OPEN TO:||All Interested Candidates|
|POSITION:||Information Technology Assistant (ITA)|
|OPENING DATE:||Monday, August 01, 2022|
|CLOSING DATE:||Sunday, August 14, 2022|
|BASIC SALARY RANGE:||GNF 88,320,000 to GNF 96,000,000 for performance
|CONTRACT TYPE:||Temporary Personal Services Contract (PSC) September 19, 2022 to April 30, 2023|
|WORK HOURS:||48 hours/week|
The US Peace Corps is seeking an individual for the position of INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT (ITA).
Under the Supervision of the Information Technology Specialist (ITS) with technical guidance provided by the International Technical Support group at the Peace Corps Headquarters in Washington, DC, The ITA is the primary contact for first-tier technical support, staff training, online content management, and policy compliance at post. Daily tasks will be managed by the IT Specialist. The ITA will be required to travel and assist with IT related issues in an event that the ITS is not able to travel to remote offices. The ITA will carry out the duties of the ITS when the ITS is absent or if the ITS position is vacant.
- Education: A bachelor degree or “brevet de technicien Superieur” in Computer Science is desirable and “Diplome d’etudes universitaires Techniques” is preferable. Certificates on professional computing will be a plus.
- Experience: A minimum of one year professional experience in the same position or similar.
- Language: Fluent in English and in French.
- Computer skills:
- Good knowledge of windows 10 and windows server 2016 environment,
- Very good knowledge of common applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe suites, Good background in computer maintenance,
- Ability to manage Active directory environment on Windows server 2016,
- Ability to manage backup on windows servers, Familiarity with LAN and Internet setup and troubleshooting, Ability to deliver trainings and support Staff and Volunteers,
The complete vacancy announcement, with the Statement of Work and the guidance on how to apply, can be found at https://www.peacecorps.gov/guinea/contracts-and-vacancies/ or on the US Embassy website https://gn.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs-at-the-embassy/
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer